Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
‘Personal information’ means any information which relates to or identifies you as an individual.
Clear Financial Corporation (“CFC”) collects personal information provided by you on this Application and, if your application is approved, from time to time in the administration or operation of your account. CFC also may collect your personal information from third parties as part of the application process, including obtaining consumer reports from credit reporting agencies and other sources.
CFC may use, share and disclose your personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
- to verify your identity and information provided by you, such as your employment or credit history
- to evaluate your creditworthiness and eligibility and, if your application is approved, to open, administer and operate your account
- to provide you with secure access to CFC’s Broker, Dealer or Customer online portal
- to provide you with ongoing service related to your requests for products, services or other information
- to assign, whether as security or otherwise, any or all of CFC’s right, title and interest in respect of this Agreement (including any amounts owing under the Agreement) and all documentation relating thereto
- to provide customer service and communicate with you in respect of the Agreement, including responding to your enquiries
- to enable us and, as applicable, our third party service providers to provide you with products and ongoing services
- to understand your needs and what products or services may be of interest to you
- to respond to your requests for products, services or account information
- to communicate with you by various methods including email, text (SMS) and telephone (should you consent to such communication)
- to verify your instructions and decisions
- to help manage and improve your relationship with us
- to investigate complaints
- to help protect you and us against fraud and error
- to comply with laws and regulations, including tax, regulatory and legal reporting requirements
- as otherwise permitted or required by law
In addition, personal information may be exchanged with credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus, credit insurers and other financial institutions to maintain the integrity of the credit-granting process and determine eligibility for financial products and services.
We make every reasonable effort to prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information, as well as any unauthorized access to personal information. Although we take steps to safeguard the personal information under our control, “perfect security” does not exist. We cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using this website. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information.